How can I remove SCP registration when reinstalling RMS?
When we uninstall an RMS service, we have to remove the SCP. Without that, a future installation may occur with some errors:
- Access AD-RMS console
- Go to the Cluster Properties
- Click the SCP tab and then click Remove current SCP
If this does not remove the SCP on the AD machine please do the following:
- Go to Active directory Site and services
- Select the root (Active Directory Sites and services [computer.name.domain.com])
- Select view menu and click Show services Node
- Expand the directory services\RightManagmentServices and delete the SCP folder
What if I already uninstalled RMS?
- Make sure the server you are running this on is an Enterprise Admin on the domain
- Download the RMS Admin Toolkit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=BAE62CFC-D5A7-46D2-9063-0F6885C26B98&displaylang=en
- Run a command prompt as an Administrator
- Navigate to the RMS Admin Toolkit and run the following command: ADSCPRegister.exe unregisterscp <URL-of-SCP-to-remove>